Didn’t set up Mailgun in your Ghost blog, and lost your password? Hmm. A little bit of fancy-footwork, and we can be back up and running in no time.
You’ll need to reset the password in the SQLite DB by manually inserting a new hash into the DB.
- Get access to your DB from the console, or through a gui tool if you have it.
- If you are going through the console, CD to your ghost webroot, (the DB is under
content/data/) and then type:
- Generate a temporary BCrypt hash (Find a generator online. I used this one: https://passwordhashing.com/BCrypt)
- Or just use this hash which is for “password”:
UPDATE users SET password='<<PASTE_HASH_HERE>>' WHERE email = '<<YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS>>'
.exitto exit sqlite3
- Log into your blog, and change your password to something secure.
- Set up an email service at Mailgun as detailed here: http://docs.ghost.org/mail/